Hello everyone, my name is Ildi and I'm really excited to be here on the Scrapbook Pal blog today. I'm showing you an Autumn card I've created with my beloved Lawn Fawn stamps.
1. For starting my card I needed a couple of masks to cover some areas while stamping the cute images, so I stamped the pile of leaves, the cart, the bird feeder, the sliding tabby and the kitten onto masking paper and fussy cut them. (Tip: you can save these masks for your future projects if you put them on the acetate sheets of each stamp sets.)
2. I stamped the elements using the masks: two piles of leaves with the jumping Dachshund, kittens taking a nap on top of the pumpkin cart, cat on the slide and the bird feeder hanging from the tree branch. When stamping was finished I colored all the panels with my Copic markers and fussy cut them.
3. For an autumn style background I applied brown, orange, pink and beige Oxide inks onto a piece of white cardstock. I used the colors almost randomly: light shades on the top and darker ones on the bottom, making sure that the top center area - where I planned to stamp my sentiment - stays light enough to help my sentiment pop out. I used a toothbrush to splatter white acrylic paint and brown Oxides diagonally from the bottom left corner. (Tip: to protect your desk and your goodies make sure you do the splattering in a box)
4. I stamped my sentiment with dark brown and black ink.
5. I attached all the colored elements onto the background. For the images in the background, like the trees and the slide I used liquid glue while the ones in front got a bunch of foam squares on their back.
Thank you for reading my post. If you liked it you can find my cards on Instagram under the name @hellopilda.
Distress Oxide Inks:
Copic friendly paper
White acrylic paint